Rehab a Bird Donation
Holiday Special - Songbird Sponsorship - Bohemian Waxwing
*Important: If your sponsorship is a gift, you must write the name of the recipient in the 'Add order note' section during checkout.*
Sponsor a Bohemian Waxwing
Bohemian Waxwings are known for flocking in large groups across the country. They call in a distinct high-pitched trill.
Bohemian Waxwings are usually brought to Le Nichoir in the winter months, often victims of window collisions or cat attacks. Treatments include oxygen therapy, antibiotics and pain management.
Your sponsorship ensures that a wild bird will receive the care it needs to be released into the wild, healthy and fully capable of breeding.
Le Nichoir takes its responsibility for its patients very seriously. Our wildlife rehabilitation work requires significant technical expertise and extensive knowledge of the natural history of our patients. As part of the professional-level care, we provide medical treatments, a balanced diet, and housing adapted to the needs of each species.
Your sponsorship in support of our songbird rehabilitation program will help us provide proper, individualized care for each patient. Songbirds can be especially challenging patients because of their small size, insect-based diet, love of fresh berries, demand for natural foliage and need for flight space.
Your rehabilitation sponsorship includes:
- A limited edition ornament
- A personalized certificate of sponsorship that can be given as a gift
- A collectable card with the inside story about the Bohemian Waxwing
- An invitation to a special tour at Le Nichoir with our staff – In the case of a gift, both the purchaser and the recipient are invited to attend
- A Le Nichoir fridge magnet
- ‘News from Le Nichoir’ Newsletter.
Tax receipt available to purchaser.