Sponsor a Northern Flicker
The Northern Flicker is a large brown woodpecker that unlike other woodpeckers forages mainly on the ground.
The flicker is the most likely bird to be admitted to Le Nichoir due to window collisions. Flickers keep our volunteers and staff busy with food preparation as they devour mealworms, oranges, and blueberries. They are housed in our specially designed woodpecker aviary prior to release.
Your sponsorship ensures that a wild bird will receive the care it needs to be released into the wild, healthy and fully capable of breeding.
Le Nichoir takes its responsibility for its patients very seriously. Our wildlife rehabilitation work requires significant technical expertise and extensive knowledge of the natural history of our patients. As part of the professional-level care, we provide medical treatments, a balanced diet, and housing adapted to the needs of each species.
Your sponsorship in support of our songbird rehabilitation program will help us provide proper, individualized care for each patient. Songbirds can be especially challenging patients because of their small size, insect-based diet, love of fresh berries, demand for natural foliage and need for flight space.
Your rehabilitation sponsorship includes:
- A personalized certificate of sponsorship that can be given as a gift
- A collectable card with the inside story about the Northern Flicker
- An invitation to a special tour at Le Nichoir with our staff – In the case of a gift, both the purchaser and the recipient are invited to attend
- A Le Nichoir fridge magnet
- ‘News from Le Nichoir’ Newsletter.
Tax receipt available to purchaser.